Gummed Water Activated Tape Case sealers
The Opitz Range of Case Erectors and Tapers uses water activated gummed tape to seal the box. Gummed paper tape is completely recyclable and does not contaminate the waste stream as plastic tape would. The Volume Reducing Case Taper automatically adjusts each case size, reducing fill volume and shipping costs, giving even further savings and environmental benefits.
The Vario 558 Case Closer uses recyclable Gummed Tape. Payback is fast.
A complete range of environmentally friendly case taping machines for production or dispatch
The Case Taper range includes Erectors, Taper, Reducers and Specials:
- Case Erectors that erect the box and tape across the bottom of the case.
- Case Tapers that tape the top and/or bottom of the box with water activated gummed paper tape
- Volume Reducing Case Tapers that scan the contents of the incoming box and cut the height down to suit the product, before taping the box.
- Special taping applications- These include Flat Packs and H Tapers.
The following criteria demonstrate the range of machinery
- 1) Does the machine handle more that one size without changeover? A taping heads that automatically adjust to the box size as it enters the machine is required. We call this chaotic or non-homogenously arriving boxes.
- 2) Does the taper close the upper flaps of the box or does an operator close manually before the machine arrives? Manual, semi and fully automatic solutions available.
- 3) What is the throughput for environmentally friendly case tapers? Speed of handling depends on the model selected, whether it carries out reducing operations and also on the length of the box being taped. Small boxes can be taped faster than large ones.
Paper Tape Specification
Paper Weight: min 60 g/ m3
Tape Width: 60 – 80 (100) mm
Reel Diameter: 400 mm
Tape trail length: 30 - 90 mm
News about RAUPACK Environmentally friendly Case Tapers: